Re: Want to help in integrating swing.

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Want to help in integrating swing.
Date: 06 Mar 2003 11:06:00 -0700

>>>>> "Clemens" == Clemens Eisserer <address@hidden> writes:

Clemens> Because swing is completly independent of native stuff, it
Clemens> should theoreticaly be possible, to code SWING for both,
Clemens> GNU-Classpath and GCJs one, that means the SWING-Stuff could
Clemens> be merged simply to GCJ, without chabging the source. Am I
Clemens> right?

Yes.

Clemens> I want to ask, if you need help, how functional the
Clemens> swing-implementation is, and how I could help.  EG. how
Clemens> useable are JButton, JLabel, etc. Is GridBagLayout ready....

GridBagLayout doesn't exist at all.

We might be able to use Acunia's implementation.  I think their
license permits this.  We should probably ask to be polite.  Failing
that, this class would be a nice project to start with.  It is both
complicated and self-contained.

Tom