Re: Modules names and other details for new classpath bug product

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: Modules names and other details for new classpath bug product
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 20:16:29 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 18:30 +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> > - Version numbers.
> >   I don't have a very good suggestion here. Of course we should just
> >   have the GNU Classpath version numbers there (0.13, 0.14, and up). But
> >   those are not the same as used by GCC. There is no good/perfect
> >   mapping between libgcj and classpath version numbers.
>
> That was my first question; if AWT/Swing bugs are reported for GCJ they
> 'should' be mapped to a classpath release, if possible. But I have no idea
> how to do that :)

There will probably be much more GNU Classpath releases/versions then
libgcj versions. We can probably add GCC/libgcj version numbers but only
use them in the "Known to fail/Known to work" fields.

> >   - Move the bugs currently in the savannah bug tracker to
> >     gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla. [...] I will move at least
> >     the open ones by hand (currently 59 open bugs).
>
> My reported bugs will then nog be registred under my email? Should all
> classpath bug-reporters (that want to 'keep' their bugs)  open an account
> on the gcc bugtracker?

Just got email from Sylvain Beucler, one of the savannah hackers, and
Daniel Berlin, the GCC bugmaster. We will be able to get a sql-script
export from the savannah-tracker that we can use to import into
bugzilla. So, if all goes well, most attributes of the savannah bugs
should be preserved when they are put into gcc bugzilla.

GCC bugzilla has a email alias feature as far as I know. So you should
be able to alias your bugzilla account/email-address to the one used in
the savannah bugtracker (id). I'll explicitly ask about this when we do
the actual migration (most probably not before March 1).

Cheers,

Mark