Re: Modules names and other details for new classpath bug product

From: Robert Schuster
Subject: Re: Modules names and other details for new classpath bug product
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 01:19:40 +0100

Hi.

Stuart Ballard wrote:

Is there a plan for getting them to properly merge? IMHO a difference
of only 25 files suggests that it should be perfectly possible for gcj
to use an out-of-the-box classpath build and merely prepend a custom
jar file containing those 25 files to the beginning of its
bootclasspath.

I agree that merging the bug databases is a step in the right
direction, but I share David's concern about merging the bug databases
without actually merging the codebases. If there's some kind of
concrete plan as to how a codebase merge is going to be achieved, it
might alleviate some of those concerns.

The same was proposed by Archie Cobbs but no one answered to this.
Considering GNU Classpath the root (of all evil :P ) for all Free Java projects
seems like a good idea for me. What speaks against this?

cu
Robert