Re: How to handle properties file

From: Michael Koch
Subject: Re: How to handle properties file
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 06:40:31 +0200

On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 11:24:16PM +0200, Nicolas Geoffray wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 21:54 +0200, Sascha Brawer wrote:
> > Hi Nicolas,
> >
> > http://developer.classpath.org/doc/java/util/logging/LogManager.html
> >
> > I think the default config file should not be shipped as part of
> > glibj.zip, but instead installed as a separate file. Sorry, I don't have
> > the time right now to fix it myself...
> >

> OK. Thank you Sascha for the answer.
>
> So, properties files inside a jar (or zip) archive are always handled by
> the application (or the gnu classpath files)? Nothing should be done at
> the opening of the jar file? If I'm asking, it's because i'm afraid as a
> vm implementor to make some code that will read a jar file (like
> glibj.zip) and do things like looking for *.properties files from it.

Now I understand your original request. Sorry for my stupidity.
No, not all *.properties files have to be outside of glibj.zip.
E.g. we use property files to define locale data. These need to be still
inside glibj.zip. Others should be outside to be editable by the
administrator of the GNU classpath installation. Can you please file a
bug report for this?

Thanks,
Michael