Re: Assertion failure

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: Assertion failure
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 10:41:43 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 01:38 +0100, Christian Thalinger wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 18:02 -0600, Archie Cobbs wrote:
> > FYI,
> >
> > Just testing current CVS with JCVM and I'm also getting this assertion
> > failure:
> >
> >    jc: mprec.c:100: _Jv_Balloc: Assertion `(1 << k) < 32' failed.
> >
> > This is on SuSE 10 on an x86 laptop (Dell Latitude D810).
>
> It's interesting that this also happens on 32-bit machines.  See also:
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/classpath-patches/2006-01/msg00141.html

Hmmm. mprec originally came with fdlibm from libgcj and we regarded them
as "upstream", but they are now relying on us as upstream. It looks like
the original mprec imported into libgcj actually through newlib
(http://sourceware.org/newlib/) - notice that one maintainer! :)

They do have an updated version of mprec.h and mprec.c at:
http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/newlib/libc/stdlib/?cvsroot=src

Now we need a volunteer to merge our local changes back to that version
and then import a new mprec.

Cheers,

Mark