Re: Assertion failure

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: Assertion failure
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 11:49:32 +0100

On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 10:41 +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> Hmmm. mprec originally came with fdlibm from libgcj and we regarded them
> as "upstream", but they are now relying on us as upstream. It looks like
> the original mprec imported into libgcj actually through newlib
> (http://sourceware.org/newlib/) - notice that one maintainer! :)
>
> They do have an updated version of mprec.h and mprec.c at:
> http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/newlib/libc/stdlib/?cvsroot=src
>
> Now we need a volunteer to merge our local changes back to that version
> and then import a new mprec.

BTW, does anybody know why we are not using the system strtod() when
available? That seems the way to the quickest solution on most
platforms. It seems to work with some simple tests for me. But I notice
that there is no strtod_r(), just strtod(). But I couldn't find a
definitive answer on whether or not the standard strtod() is guaranteed
to be thread-safe or not. Does anybody know (where to find this
information)?

Cheers,

Mark