Re: Classpath 0.20 successfully built with Cygwin

From: Enrico Migliore
Subject: Re: Classpath 0.20 successfully built with Cygwin
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 16:55:28 +0100

Hi Dalibor
,

Hi Mark and Dalibor,

I've successfully built Classpath 0.20 with Cygwin.

I also understood why I wasn't able to build Classpath with
the following option: --enable-gtk-peer
I hadn't installed the following library: gdk-pixbuf

Now I'm able to build Classpath 0.20 with the following options:

 ./configure --with-jikes --enable-gtk-peer

Thanks a lot for your support!

Great, thanks for working on it, Enrico. There is a page in the
Classpath wiki which explains how to build Classpath on cygwin, so you may want to contribute your experiences & tips on it.

In the next few days, I'm going to retry the whole thing from scratch in order to track which Cygwin libraries the configure script requires. And then I'll do
a written report.

ciao,
Enrico

P.S.
During the build phase gcc generates some C and some Java
warnings, we might want remove in the future

Patches for the C & java warnings would be very welcome, indeed.
If you've got some time to look over the warning for the obvious &
simple fixes, please put them in the bug tracker.

I'll redirect the make output on a text file in order for me to look over the warnings and
I'll let you know what kind of warning the compiler issues.

ciao,
Enrico

cheers,
dalibor topic