Re: Classpath 0.20 successfully built with Cygwin

From: Enrico Migliore
Subject: Re: Classpath 0.20 successfully built with Cygwin
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 11:54:20 +0100

Christian Thalinger wrote:

On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 09:40 +0100, Enrico Migliore wrote:
download and compile this tarball, with Cygwin:

   http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/jikes/jikes-1.22.tar.bz2?download

 $./configure
 $ make
 $ make install

I'm not sure that Davanum's patch (See Kaffe's FAQ.win32 in CVS HEAD)
is really needed because I was able to build Classpath in two ways: with and without
the patch.

The problem I had was related to a non-ANSI character present in a Java source file (CORBA), which made Jikes hang. After Mark patched the code, I've been able to build Classpath 0.19 and 0.20

Hi!

Ok, got it compiled but only with the first patch Dalibor suggested.
Thanks.

TWISTI

Hi Christian,

perfect! That means that the patch is needed.

ciao,
Enrico