Re: Classpath 0.20 successfully built with Cygwin

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: Classpath 0.20 successfully built with Cygwin
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 20:30:46 +0100

Hi Enrico,

On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 16:55 +0100, Enrico Migliore wrote:
> >>P.S.
> >>During the build phase gcc generates some C and some Java
> >>warnings, we might want remove in the future
> >
> >Patches for the C & java warnings would be very welcome, indeed.
> >If you've got some time to look over the warning for the obvious &
> >simple fixes, please put them in the bug tracker.
> >
> I'll redirect the make output on a text file in order for me to look
> over the warnings and
> I'll let you know what kind of warning the compiler issues.

Thanks a lot for doing this. Note that we try to have warning free
compiles (at least the C source on GNU/Linux, unfortunately the java
source cannot be 100% warning free). If you configure with
--enable-Werror the compilation of that native C source will stop on the
first warning message.

If other people could report any issues on "non-standard" platforms with
--enable-Werror that would be appreciated since a compile warning often
points out some subtle issue.

Cheers,

Mark