coreutils

Proposition: move some of the tests from misc/ to specific directories

From: Sylvestre Ledru
Subject: Proposition: move some of the tests from misc/ to specific directories
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 22:37:15 +0200

Hello,

I would like to get the opinion of this list on some tests paths changes.

Currently, many tests are located in the misc/ directory. For about 39 of the binaries, there are more than one test. I propose that for these binaries, we should move these tests into their own specific directories.

For example, tests/misc/tty-eof.pl and tests/misc/tty.sh into tests/tty/

This change would help us more easily identify which tests need to be run for each program.

I have already prepared the patches needed for this change. As an example, I've attached the first one in the stack.

Cheers,

Sylvestre