coreutils

Re: Proposition: move some of the tests from misc/ to specific directori

From: Pádraig Brady
Subject: Re: Proposition: move some of the tests from misc/ to specific directories
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2023 14:16:09 +0100

On 14/06/2023 21:37, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
Hello,

I would like to get the opinion of this list on some tests paths changes.

Currently, many tests are located in the misc/ directory. For about 39
of the binaries, there are more than one test.
I propose that for these binaries, we should move these tests into their
own specific directories.

For example, tests/misc/tty-eof.pl and tests/misc/tty.sh into tests/tty/

This change would help us more easily identify which tests need to be
run for each program.

I have already prepared the patches needed for this change. As an
example, I've attached the first one in the stack.

This is now pushed at:
https://github.com/coreutils/coreutils/commit/15925d0e5

It makes it easier to test single utils like:

  $ util=cksum
  $ tests="$(shopt -s nullglob; echo tests/$util/*.{sh,pl})"
  $ make -j TESTS="$tests" SUBDIRS=. check

cheers,
Pádraig