[Debian-sf-devel] WIDE and SF

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: [Debian-sf-devel] WIDE and SF
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 09:20:09 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Source Forge users,
as many of you are aware, the file release system of sf.net can be
painfull. If you are debian developer, all you want to do is just hit
dupload and be done with the package.

There is a project that can help Web IDE, wide
http://sourceforge.net/projects/wide/

The problem was that the code is autoconfigured, it is very hard to
use.
They have not updated the sources or answered mails,
so I have done the work to make it installable :
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/wide-cli.tgz

It works on windows and linux (had to turn off the ssl under linux)and
you need the libnet/sslleay and ssl modules from perl to use them...
(Dont remember the names offhand sorry)

Anyway I had to nuke my debiansf that lo-lan-di had help me setup, but
it should work with debiansf, you can view releases, add releases (not
files yet) and get some information about a project. If anyone is
interested, I will help maintain this for debiansf as well as sf
proper.

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont