debian-sf-users

Re: [Debian-sf-users] debian-sf, alioth: Migrating mailing lists

From: Agustin Martin Domingo
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 08:24:00 +0200

* Is possible to feed those messages to the project new list at
alioth (debian-sf) so new messages are added on the top of the
previous ones?

It might be possible, but I don't know Mailman well enough to be
definite.  If you know it can be done (and how :-), we'll be happy to
do it.

Forget my previous mail. I finally had a linux box available last night and could see mailman documentation. I think I found in the FAQ how to do that (Is dedicated to modifying a mailman archive file, but should work for importing a new archive file). In debian-sf $prefix stands for /var/lib/mailman, and mailman archives are stored as mbox files:

Q. I want to get rid of some messages in my archive.  How do I do
   this?

A. David Rocher posts the following recipe:

   * remove $prefix/archives/private/<listname>
* edit $prefix/archives/private/<listname>.mbox/<listname>.mbox [optional]
   * run $prefix/bin/arch <listname>