demexp-dev

Re: [Demexp-dev] Succesful compilation of DemExp under Win32/Cygwin

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] Succesful compilation of DemExp under Win32/Cygwin
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 19:40:37 +0100

Hello Christophe,

A GREAT thank you for your effort and realization! I have not yet read
your instructions but will do.

Regarding CDuce dependency, in fact you don't need CDuce to build the
client. However, the Makefile needs to be slightly modified to avoid the
uneeded dependency on cduce library in the client. I'll try to do that.

GISQUET Christophe <address@hidden> writes:

> Wine could provide a minimal testing ground, but people with native
> Win32 systems are much more suited for testing, indeed.

I have installed your demexp-setup.exe but I was unable to start the
client. :(

I had following error:
address@hidden /c/Program Files/DemExp
$ ./bin/demexp-lablgtk2-client.exe
Autotests compiled.
  pref autotests...ERROR: cannot read file '/tmp/test-demexprc-file':
/tmp/test-demexprc-file: No such file or directoryERROR: cannot write file
'/tmp/test-demexprc-file': /tmp/test-demexprc-file: No such file or
directoryERROR: cannot read file '/tmp/test-demexprc-file':
/tmp/test-demexprc-file: No such file or directoryFatal error: exception
Assert_failure("lablgtk2-clnt/pref.ml.nw", 225, 4)

I tried in both a MinGW shell and a raw Windows2000 shell. In both
cases, I had above failure.

The /tmp directory exists. I was able to "touch" the test-demexprc-file
file in it. I really don't undesrtand why the test is failing.

Once again, many many thanks!

Yours,
d.
--
pub  1024D/A3AD7A2A 2004-10-03 David MENTRE <address@hidden>
 5996 CC46 4612 9CA4 3562  D7AC 6C67 9E96 A3AD 7A2A