demexp-dev

[Demexp-dev] Re: [Win32] tmp issue & NSI

From: GISQUET Christophe
Subject: [Demexp-dev] Re: [Win32] tmp issue & NSI
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 21:56:20 +0100 (CET)

Good evening,

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005, David MENTRE wrote:
Oops, sorry for the bad news: the latest version doesn't work on my
Windows machine:

It also means that the current and only available win32 binary doesn't work.

Invalid_argument("Filename.temp_file: temp dir nonexistent or full")

What I don't understand is that directory %TEMP% and c:\Temp both exist
and there is about 5GB of free space on this disk. The value of %TEMP%
is:

C:\DOCUME~1\MENTRE~1\LOCALS~1\Temp

c:\Document and settings\mentre\Local Settings\Temp

[lengthy talk edited after I noticed the real error]
Again, having C:\Dev\Cygwin available somehow made up for what the client was looking. Renaming this folder made the same problem occur.

Any idea?

Well, I guess it really has some trouble. I've uploaded a strace log:
http://christophe.gisquet.free.fr/log.txt.bz2
It has some problems, but it seems to get the TEMP path right in the end.
string demexp-lablgtk2-client doesn't show anything related to the faulty path, "C:\Dev\cygwin\tmp", which is a bad translation of /tmp

Ok, so I'll put your scripts and doc as-is in a win32 directory in the
source tree. The "official" win32 developer of demexp will improve
it. We just need to find the official win32 developer. :)

"Will code for beer". :)

Can you send the example of nsis file you have. I would like to see how
l10n is handled.

See http://christophe.gisquet.free.fr/distrib.tar.bz2 for the original installer script and additional files. Many projects on sourceforge also include such scripts, so you may find even more "litterature".

Best regards,
--
Christophe GISQUET
Hello! This is a signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature