demexp-dev

Re: [Demexp-dev] A simple path for delegation

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] A simple path for delegation
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 14:06:33 +0100

Hello Jérémy,

2007/1/12, Jeremy Dubreil <address@hidden>:
In some cases this might lead to something we would wish to avoid.
Indeed, if a voter A tries to delegate the question Q to the other
participants then he can infer who is on a path of delegation to him.
And in the same time he can find out who is not delegating to him
whenever the delegation is accepted. Also, A communicating with some
other participants can more information about the delegation graph.

That's a good question. I haven't thought about those kind of issues.
Delegation is much more complicated than I thought, even for this
"simple" case. ;-)

The main issue is how to reveal information about delegation for two
kinds of votes :
- vote as a participant (private, void if the participant has
delegated his vote);
- vote as a delegate (public).

Unfortunalty, the two kinds of vote are interweaved and have effect
one on the other (as you are pointing out). I currently don't have a
clear picture of the issue or even of what it is necessary to have.

May be you discussed this situation before, I didn't read everything so
far.

I don't think so.

Best wishes,
d.