demo-schools-discuss

Re: [DS-discuss] Talk/demo at Seva Sadan Tambaram.

From: Suraj
Subject: Re: [DS-discuss] Talk/demo at Seva Sadan Tambaram.
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 22:11:20 -0700

hi

Raman.P wrote on Sat, Jul 26, 2003 at 05:38:10AM +0100:
,----
| On  Thursday  (24.7.03) evening,  the  seva  sadan school  authorities
| called us to  make the presentation on 25.7.03 itself  in view some of
| their problems. Since the call was  received too late and I was out of
| cyber world I could not communicate to you all.
`----

oh. I was  just thinking if I can work tonight  and compensate for the
night  stay  on  monday.  anyway...   good  that  something  nice  has
happened!  congrats for making it!

,----
|   Few students  evinced interest in  installing the software  in their
| home and school.  We gave one knoppix cd to the school. Other students
| were asked to  contact bhaskar [he resides very  near the school] with
| blank cd.
`----

a part  of the Rs.5000/-  fund given by  MKS can be  used to buy  a CD
spindle  and we  can  give RMS'  speech  CD and  other beginner  level
GNU/Linux distributions to the students.

,----
|   On the whole I feel it is  worth taking one day leave from my office
| for this small but fruitful meet.
`----

i wish I had  enough power and authority in my office  to bunk a day
off ;)

,----
|   Sorry, In view of the short  time available I could not keep you all
| informed earlier.
`----

no probs with me.  any way I couldn't have made it.  I dont know about
others though.

  -Suraj

--
|Deep devotion to duty, guided by ripe wisdom                           |