denemo-devel

Re: Adding extra staffs to an existing denemo file.

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Adding extra staffs to an existing denemo file.
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 16:07:35 +0000

I don't think you ever got a reply to this email :( rectified below...

On Fri, 2019-09-06 at 16:40 +0100, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> (There is no hurry - I am going away for a week tomorrow!)
>
> I have a lot of files with 5 staffs, to provide music for a young
> sax
> player.
>
> Structure:
>
> 1    Chord Staff
>
> 2    Original music (with lyrics)
>
> 3    (Hidden) Staff with copy/pasted notes from Staff 2, edited to
> cope
> with music below Eb
>
> 4    Borrowed music from Staff 3
>
> 5    Borrowed music from Staff 3 Chord staff - gives note names
> below
> Staff 4.
>
> I'd like to add 2 more for a Bb Clarinet
>
> 6     Borrowed music from 2 (there is not much church music going
> below
> Bb so don't need to edit)
>
> 7     Borrowed music from 2 but Chord Staff to give note names.
>
> I can obviously do it file by file; I just thought it might be
> possible
> speed up the process,

This sounds like a candidate for the Record feature in the Scheme
window: you do it once with Record on and then turn off record and use
the script to apply to all your files.

>  i.e. to merge the first with a second file with 3
> staffs (one a dummy), already transposed and with chord names in a
> smaller font, then update the references to the correct staff (and
> delete the dummy).
>
> Add a movement works, but Merge Movement is only interested in
> copying
> the notes and other stuff from the second staff into the first,
> matching
> the first staff in each, then the second.
> I thought Merge might have added the staffs on to the end. Have I
> missed
> something or would this be impossible?

Perhaps you've missed

Command: Add Staffs
Add staffs from a Denemo file
Location: Main Menu ▶ File ▶ Open
Internal Name: AddStaffs

Perhaps this command should really be in the Staffs menu ...

Richard