denemo-devel

Transposer2.zip. Issues with windows from Scheme, & Mirrored music

From: Joe Wilkinson
Subject: Transposer2.zip. Issues with windows from Scheme, & Mirrored music
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 14:44:01 +0000

Hi Richard,

Attached is a template that I am currently using to set up music with copies for Eb Sax and Bb Clarinet.

Staff2 is the music at concert pitch, Staff1 accompanying chords

for Staff3 I physically make a copy of Staff2 music and move up notes below Eb. It is hidden.

Staff4 & 5 mirror music fromĀ  Staff 3, transposed down 3 semitones, and

Staff6 & 7 mirror music from Staff 2, transposed up 2 semitones (the clarinet needing little altering other than transposition)

The issues I have are these:

  1. There is a Scheme script run when the Template is launched to set the TimeSig, InitialKey, MovementTitle, and to force a SaveAs.
    The windows to effect the first 3 seem to appear all together, but have to be dealt with in the right order, which is confusing.
  2. If I change time or key (from 4/4 in C) Typeset leaves the mirrored staffs in A and D, and I still have to go through the last 4 staves rightclicking on the "directive" to set the key correctly.
  3. If, before right-clicking on the 4 directives I write some music using an Uplift in stave 2, in the mirrored staves the Uplift appears before the mirrored music "directives" in staffs 4-7.
    BUT when I then rightclick on the Mirrored directives a duplicate Mirrored directive appears before the Uplift. It seems to have no real effect.

Best wishes

Joe