denemo-devel

Re: Starting playback in the middle of a movement

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Starting playback in the middle of a movement
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2019 12:27:20 +0000

On Wed, 2019-12-18 at 23:24 +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> On 2019-12-18 11:22, Richard Shann wrote:
> > On Mon, 2019-12-16 at 19:39 +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> > > [...]
> >
> > I've been looking at the code and I see a promising place for the
> > trouble to lie - I've made a change which may even fix the problem
> > you
> > are having. Meanwhile - does the "loop" button work for you? And,
> > if
> > you have "Listening to Notes" set, can you hear yourself play while
> > the
> > big pause is happening?
>
> I have built the latest version from git and it still shows the same
> behaviour.

I don't know whether you have tested earlier versions of Denemo, but I
have just reverted the bit of code that I suspect is causing JACK
trouble to the version that Dominic Sacré wrote. Perhaps you can test
this (the reversion is only for _HAVE_JACK_ but my limited testing
shows it working for portaudio too).
I'll forward this email if it doesn't get delivered to you, until it
does.

Richard