denemo-devel

[bug #61107] Denemo 2.5.1 64-bit AppImage does not start

From: anonymous
Subject: [bug #61107] Denemo 2.5.1 64-bit AppImage does not start
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 10:28:25 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #3, bug #61107 (project denemo):

Thank you for pointing out the flatpak version. I tried the 32-bit binary file
for version 2.2.0 as well as the flatpak. Both started and worked without
sound though the 2.5.0 version looks better!

In the flatpak version, I fixed the sound by pointing the audio output in
Preferences/Audio/Output device to "ALSA: HDA Intel PCH: HDMI 0(hw:0,3)" as
that is where my speakers are.

There is one little concern still though it doesn't seem to be affecting
anything yet. Among the startup messages in the terminal for the flatpak
denemo-2.5.0, this was the only one in red.
  GLib - CRITICAL: g_string_assign: assertion 'string != NULL' failed

The extra messages for new users, the ability to turn them off later, the
First Steps video and the manual are all helpful to learn how to use the
package. Thank you very much for this great package.

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?61107>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/