Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Output files in the VITA 49 format

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Output files in the VITA 49 format
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 10:29:11 -0400

On 06/12/2019 09:08 AM, Sara Kim wrote:
Okay, thanks! Is it possible to use the included file meta sink instead, and get what I need out of it? Also, I wanted to include the frequency at which data was collected. How would I include that information?
https://www.gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen-3.7.4.1/page_metadata.html

If your source provides a frequency tag, and all your blocks are tag-preserving, the file meta-sink will include that tag information in the
  file.

On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 1:06 PM Marcus D. Leech <address@hidden> wrote:
On 06/11/2019 09:22 AM, Sara Kim wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm very new to gnu radio. I have gnu radio companion running in
> Ubuntu on a VM via VirtualBox. I'm using a USRPB200. I'm not
> understanding how I take the raw IQ data received by my USRP B200 and
> output it into a file that's in the VITA 49 format within gnu radio
> companion. There are some file sinks available within gnu radio
> companion, but they don't seem to be what I am looking for, or are they?
>
> Thanks!
> Sara

None of the file sinks product VITA-49 format, although there may be
module "out there" that does that.

I'm going to guess that very few people need VITA-49 as a file format,
so it's never been added to core Gnu Radio functionality.