Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Divide frequency by a constant

From: Kyeong Su Shin
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Divide frequency by a constant
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 05:44:07 +0000

Hello Barry:

I am not aware of any good ways to do this (there must be, I think; it's just that I haven't used GNU Radio for such things), but here is one thing that you can do, if you cannot find suitable blocks: writing your own blocks.

Attached is a simple example (Python-based; quite slower than C++-based blocks, but should be okay for low sampling rates). You can double-click the custom block ('Digital Clock Divider') and click the "Open in Editor" button to edit the contents.

Regards,

Kyeong Su Shin

보낸 사람: Barry Duggan <address@hidden> 대신 Discuss-gnuradio <discuss-gnuradio-bounces+ksshin=address@hidden>
보낸 날짜: 2019년 6월 20일 목요일 오전 1:55:25
받는 사람: Müller, Marcus (CEL); address@hidden
참조: Discuss Gnuradio
제목: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Divide frequency by a constant

Marcus, Chris, and others:

What I am really trying to do is replicate a time-domain FSK modem I
designed in 1972 (using discrete components of course). It used a
crystal oscillator at 12,770 hz (square wave) and divided that by 5 and
then ANDed with the input signal. The other path divided by 6 and ANDed
with the inverted input signal. The two paths were ORed together and
divided by 2, giving a fairly good phase-coherent FSK with 1277 / 1064
frequencies. Low pass filtering followed.

Why don't I just switch between 1277 and 1064 signal sources? Because
the result is not phase-coherent.

My other objective is just to learn what I can do with Gnu radio :)

Cheers!
---
Barry Duggan