discuss-gnustep

Re: Which ObjC2.0 features are missing in the latest GCC?

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Which ObjC2.0 features are missing in the latest GCC?
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2019 10:39:06 +0100

Hi,

On 11/24/19 2:25 PM, Fred Kiefer wrote:
This is an interesting plan, but one not shared by many GNUstep developers. For
me it is fine if you set up a Foundation replacement that is based on Apples
CoreFoundation code and I am even willing to help you to get GNUstep gui
working with this setup, but I would never contribute myself to this
development and don’t see it as part of GNUstep. You see, GNUstep as a
community is a very broad concept. Some of us are willing to work on a desktop
environment others are into obscure hardware support. But the base of GNUstep
are the libraries that allow writing or porting ObjC applications in a
completely free environment. The direction you are heading for is in my view
outside of that scope.

I totally agree here.

There also developers who like to work with GUI apps on obscure platforms, don't forget :-P

Riccardo