dotgnu-auth

[Auth]Re: masc - Modular Access Control System

From: Mario D. Santana
Subject: [Auth]Re: masc - Modular Access Control System
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 18:32:02 -0700

> Looks very good to me.  Well I haven't looked at the code yet
> but from the docs it seems to me that this may be just what
> we've been looking for in this area.  And you're using the right
> license, too. :-)

I was looking at the FrePort stuff (thanks to John,) which looks like
it solves tricky bits of a general token storage/retrieval system for
DotGNU, of which access control is a special case. Implementing access
control on top of FrePort, I think, would be much easier than adapting
macs. Some of macs' ideas might be useful, but then maybe not -- macs
centralizes lots of smarts about different ways to get auth info,
where DotGNU's "Passzilla" wants to distribute those brains to the
users, I think.

(And it was wise of you to include the "haven't seen source"
disclaimer. It's a mess... ;-)

As you can tell from some previous mail, I haven't been thinking about
this "prevasive distributed computing" stuff for very long. Has most
of this discussion gone on in the arch list?

Cheers!

mds