dotgnu-auth

Re: [Auth]Re: masc - Modular Access Control System

From: Mario D. Santana
Subject: Re: [Auth]Re: masc - Modular Access Control System
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 13:45:39 -0700

> [...]
> I think that adapting macs would be a relatively fast way of
> giving us something that we can play with.  (This is a strategic
> consideration: We can't focus _only_ on the huge long-term
> projects... rather we should make sure that we will quickly
> have all the essential components available so that we can gain
> some actual experiences with the concept of distributed computing.)

Another good point. Well, I'd obviously love help working on and
thinking about macs, in any context. And helping DotGNU while I'm at
it -- don't you just love free software? =)

So what's the next step? A macs-4-DotGNU mailing list? See
  http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/macs-dotgnu
Or should we talk about that here?

> Also (as I understand it) macs lives entirely in "userspace",
> i.e. it is designed in a way which does not require components
> that must be plugged into Andromeda directly.

I don't know much about Andromeda, but a service has to be able to
talk to macs somehow. The macs servers speak macs-specific protocols,
but there's an XML-RPC frontend now, and it's easy to make more. For
example, LDAP is planned.

Cheers.

mds