dotgnu-auth

Re: [Auth]AOL to get into the OS game?

From: Albert Scherbinsky
Subject: Re: [Auth]AOL to get into the OS game?
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 22:59:53 -0500

S11001001 wrote:

> <<
> Linux is available for free, but its licensing agreement  allows programmers
> develop their own versions of the operating system, as well as applications,
> and offer them for sale, as long as a copy of programming code is included
> with
> the distribution.
>  >>

> Um...applications?

AFIK you can distribute proprietary applications for Linux.
I guess that's why they're writers and not lawyers. :)

--
Albert Scherbinsky
Drop by at: http://members.rogers.com/alberts/

Convenient control of our personal information:
Single Login:
http://members.rogers.com/alberts/single.htm
Simple Interface Markup Language:
http://members.rogers.com/alberts/siml.htm