dotgnu-auth

address@hidden: XNS Specifications released]

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: address@hidden: XNS Specifications released]
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 13:13:07 +0200

How should I answer Drummond?

From: Drummond Reed <address@hidden>
To: "'address@hidden'" <address@hidden>
Cc: "'address@hidden'" <address@hidden>,
        "Bill Washburn (E-mail)"
         <address@hidden>
Subject: XNS Specifications released
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 15:38:45 -0700

Norbert,

I know it's been several months longer than any of us expected, but given
our earlier exchanges about the potential interest of the DotGNU project, I
wanted to be sure to let you know the XNS Technical Specifications were
released last Wednesday night by XNSORG. I was tied up at a Liberty Alliance
meeting so I'm just now getting to email and getting the word out to folks
I'd promise I would notify.

You can find the complete details and the specs at www.xns.org. An initial
release of an XNS client Java Reference Implementation is available at
www.onename.com.

Also, you can rest assured the new XNS License will work for all open source
development - it was designed with that goal in mind.

Please do let Adam and Bill and myself know how well XNS may meet the needs
of the DotGNU project, and how else we can help.

Best,

=Drummond=