dotgnu-auth

address@hidden: RE: liberty specifications]

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: address@hidden: RE: liberty specifications]
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 13:13:31 +0200

FYI...

From: Loren West <address@hidden>
To: XNS Talk <address@hidden>
Subject: RE: liberty specifications
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 20:36:08 -0700
Sender: <address@hidden>

XNSORG is not a member of Liberty, but 4 of the 5 companies working on XNS
are also Liberty sponsor companies (including OneName).  You won't find
mention of XNS in the 1.0 Liberty specs because 1.0 is focused on web SSO -
SAML was the specification at the core of web SSO.

XNS is all about back channel web services, and privacy protected attribute
exchange - something Liberty 2.0 is focused on.  We can't discuss any
details about 2.0 (we're under NDA from Liberty), but in my opinion XNS is
to Liberty 2.0 what SAML was to Liberty 1.0.

=Loren