dotgnu-auth

Re: [Auth]prior art for SSO schemes

From: Albert Scherbinsky
Subject: Re: [Auth]prior art for SSO schemes
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 11:41:46 -0400

david nicol wrote:

> Lots and lots of "adult verification service" networks exist,
> each is a proprietary SSO protocol.  Unless they have a standard.
> Anyone on this list work in that field?

I wouldn't know anything about that first hand, but you have
a good point. Early adoption in the pornography industry
seems to guarantee eventual mainstream adoption. :)

Witness:
Pornographic video - VHS
Pornographic hypermedia - The Web itself.

So the question is, how do you go about getting
pornographers to use your software? Is that market already
saturated with existing solutions? Do you risk turning off
main stream customers, by association?

Cheers,
Albert Scherbinsky
Drop by at: http://members.rogers.com/alberts/

Kurt Godel showed us every formal system is either
incomplete or inconsistent. Deal with it!