[DotGNU]Virtual Identity Ideas

From: Adam Theo
Subject: [DotGNU]Virtual Identity Ideas
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 20:03:56 -0400

Hello, Adam Theo here;

I have three ideas that this community may find useful for it's virtual identity system.

The ideas I discuss are really ideas proposed in another project that Mike Hearn <address@hidden> and myself run, started from the Jabber communication system development community. This other project was started about two months ago, and has been silently churning away, producing usable ideas and proposals.

It has produced three ideas so far, each of which is outlined at the Jabber Identity Developer's site <http://jab.sirlabs.com/bin/view/JIGs/JIS/WebHome/>. If you have difficulty navigating this site (understandable, it uses TWiki, which is not very userfriendly), you can find direct links to the proposals at <http://www.theoretic.com/identity/links.cgi>. Although these proposals were designed with the Jabber Identity project in mind, I am sure that two of them can be easily 'ported' out of Jabber. Those are the so called 'Ticket' and 'Simple' Plans.

I encourage everyone who is interested in any of these plans to subscribe to the Identity list. We will be discussing and developing these plans over the next month, and many ideas are sure to be produced. So while I understand the Jabber aspect is of little or no interest or use, I encourage you to sign up, even if it is to only un-subscribe once we start on more jabber-centric ideas. That is perfectly welcome. I also hope you can submit your own ideas of Identity. More Plans are always welcome at this point. To subscribe, send an email to <address@hidden> and post to <address@hidden>.

Even though it is Jabber, I am sure we will produce many good ideas you all here at DotGNU can use for your own system.

--          Adam Theo >> "Fairness Above All!"
    /\  Theoretic Solutions (www.Theoretic.com):
   //\\   'Activism, Software, and Internet Services'
  //  \\  Personal Homepage (www.Theoretic.com/adamtheo/):
 //----\\   Email & Jabber:                    Other:
//--||--\\  -Professional: address@hidden  -AIM: AdamTheo2000