Re: humor: Re: [DotGNU]Microsoft & Mono

From: Kent Nguyen
Subject: Re: humor: Re: [DotGNU]Microsoft & Mono
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 17:43:33 +0000

On Monday 16 July 2001 17:28, Soeren Sandmann wrote:
> "Dan Kuykendall (Seek3r)" <address@hidden> writes:
> > Why does this always make me laugh?
> > It just reminds me of two guys in a bar saying "lets take this
> > outside".
>
> Personally, I don't understand what possible purpose it could serve to
> take a relevant discussion off the list.  I never do it myself, but I
> usually respect it if someone else doesn't want to discuss in public.

I agree.  I'm not sure how you guys feel about the discussion of C# vs Java.
The reason I'm asking to take it offline is because I don't think language is
warrant to debate over a platform that uses a standard protocol for
interoperability.

However may I interest you to:

There's an article written by Jim Farley comparing C# vs Java.  Jim Farley is
the author of the book Java Distributed Computing.

http://java.oreilly.com/news/farley_0800.html

To make it a comparative analysis, it's best to find a proponent in the C#
camp to write about C# vs Java.

But you know right now, the only platform that runs C# is Microsoft.  C#
can't claim to be cross platform.

--kent