Re: [DotGNU]Anonymous buying

From: David L. Nicol
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Anonymous buying
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 14:51:22 -0500

Barry Fitzgerald wrote:

> Btw, please try to frame your examples better.  We don't want the FBI
> attacking dotGNU for harboring spies or anything.  Carnivore tends to
> pick up on stuff like this.
>
>         -Barry

No, it's a genuine issue, and if you don';t address it early on you
may find yourself guilty of being an accessory.  Tipjar.com solves this
problem by keeping logs, documenting that we keep logs, and only letting
you look at the logs if you can get a jackson county, missouri judge to
ask us to let you look at the logs.

The credit card fraud that we were involved in earlier this year,
we were able to provide IP addresses for the perpetrators' connections,
but nothing was done anyway, except that we don't accept credit cards
any more.

--
                                           David Nicol 816.235.1187
                            "Your plastic pal who's fun to be with"