Re: [DotGNU]Re: (Unmangled) Craig Mundie/Dave Stutz at O'Reilly confere

From: Barry Fitzgerald
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Re: (Unmangled) Craig Mundie/Dave Stutz at O'Reilly conference (was:[DotGNU...
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 02:32:27 -0400

Rhys Weatherley wrote:

> Barry Fitzgerald wrote:
>
> > I generally agree, but I was surprised to see that there were things
> > that they didn't like about it... Ahh well, our best defense at this
> > point is clean-room tactics anyway... :)
>
> They probably didn't like that it wasn't draconian enough. :-)
>
> Sorry - couldn't resist.
>
> Rhys.

Hehehe....  You know, I was just thinking about it.  What I think they
are afraid of is other companies using it against them, not so much the
Free Software world.  I don't know - there's got to be something there
that we can use - not necessarily ethically, but...  Well, if it's not
ethical it's not usable obviously.  But I'm curious about what scares
them.

        -Barry