[DotGNU]Copyright waivers for developers?

From: Bill White
Subject: [DotGNU]Copyright waivers for developers?
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 17:41:30 -0400

I have a meta question about the DotGNU project.

The FSF typically requires draconian paperwork from any volunteer
who submits anything to a FSF sponsored project.  I tried to write
documentation for the Hurd, but was soundly rebuffed.  I submitted
the copyright waiver to two separate employers, both of whom told
me that they could not sign them, but that they didn't believe
that any company could possibly sign them.  I basically gave
up and looked for something else to do.

Is this likely to be a feature of DotGNU?  I don't see how the
dotgnu project can succeed if you require all your developers to
choose between contributing and being employed.
--
Lex clavatoris designati rescindenda est.
address@hidden                 Griggs Research Institute