Re: [DotGNU]Uncovering Rotor -- A Shared Source CLI

From: David Sugar
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Uncovering Rotor -- A Shared Source CLI
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 09:37:15 -0500 (EST)

They believe they do not have to put such a clause in.  From what I recall
of so called "shared source", no freedom is given to modify the original
sources in any way, let alone distribute modifications.  However, a more
humorous hack might be to indirectly modify the sources thru inserting a
compile time --include file which redefines/maps BSD functions and clib
calls to match Linux and glibc, and perhaps write some small glue library
to link with for those calls that cannot be directly matched up.  I do not
actually suggest that is a "valid" solution, or something someone should
directly attempt, but use this to illustrace one of many flaws in the
concept of so called "Shared Source", and at some point in the future it
may prove useful in further demonstrating deliberately descriminitory
practices.