Re: [DotGNU]Mono's MCS Compiles Itself On Linux

From: Paolo Molaro
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Mono's MCS Compiles Itself On Linux
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 18:43:10 +0100

On 03/11/02 Gopal.V wrote:
>       Well it compiles, but doesn't produce a working MCS gen2. Also
> takes more than 15 minutes to compile. (compared to a 3 minute cscc
> compile). Imagine compiling the whole .NET system with MCS. Compile farm
> time gentlemen.

On Friday I did some optimizations to our corlib and the compile time
got back to less than 3 minutes (still run with the interpreter).
Compiling it with the jit should take about 30-40 seconds.
Our corlib is about twice as large as the compiler in lines of code, so
I guess it will take about twice as long to compile.
The compiled binary runs now, at least well enough to complete "mcs --help":-)

lupus

address@hidden                                     debian/rules
address@hidden                             Monkeys do it better