Re: [DotGNU]Mono's MCS Compiles Itself On Linux

From: Gopal.V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Mono's MCS Compiles Itself On Linux
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 22:07:11 +0530

If memory serves me right, Bill Lance wrote:
> More on the Mono front
> http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/mono-list/2002-March/003726.html
        Well it compiles, but doesn't produce a working MCS gen2. Also
takes more than 15 minutes to compile. (compared to a 3 minute cscc
compile). Imagine compiling the whole .NET system with MCS. Compile farm
time gentlemen.

        I think that this is Mono crossing a hurdle they set for themselves
when they decided to write the compiler in C#.

Gopal.V
--
 The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success