Re: [DotGNU]What is the diff b/w pnetlib/System and pnetlib/runtime/Sys

From: Gerard Toonstra
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]What is the diff b/w pnetlib/System and pnetlib/runtime/System ?
Date: 19 Mar 2002 22:09:33 +0000

Easy people... no alarms!

I have been taking CVS snapshots from
subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/pnetlib.

I kept this up to date between edits.

I do not have any runtime/System/Net folder, just the System/Net folder.
in runtime/System therefore I could not find any Net objects

Therefore my efforts aren't wasted, luckily I'm always careful when
stepping into new things to see what is already there. I'm very sure
there's no duplication there.

Nevertheless, seeing System/Net in a separate place was some concern for
me, but I should have mentioned that earlier.

So, nothing gone to waste yet, and yes, IPAddress should have all
methods implemented now.

Other classes I worked on were Uri and UriBuilder. I saw quite a lot of
work was done on it already ,but the architecture was not entirely
correctly followed as specified by ECMA. The Uri class is the parser
class and the UriBuilder class is a helper class to build a Uri. In the
end it was easier to do parsing in Uri and to have UriBuilder be
something like a pre-state class when creating a new Uri.

Nothing has been tested there yet, but the architecture should be clear
now, as only two methods lack true implementation of those two still.
Much of the class has been re-used, so also there there is no effort
being wasted :)

Your comments on effort-coordination are correct though. It'd be good to
have something in place where people can register temporary ownership or
something of the sort... you guys in FSD must have plenty of ideas for
this and experience in the case. I don't mind cooperating to those :)

Cheers,

Chiraz