Re: [DotGNU]PHILOSOPHY file

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]PHILOSOPHY file
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 11:49:34 +1000

John wrote:

> This much I agree: The form of a PHILOSOPHY file should be handled by
> debate and Core group involvement: sent in, sent back, queried, revised,
> reiterated, proofread, and perfected, and finally buried in soft peat
> for six months and recycled as butane Bics before it goes into anyone's
> CVS tree. At that point it should be considered one of those LOCKED in
> files. Not subject to change by submitters.

This would be satisfactory, I suppose.  But it must be static
before I'll put it in the distribution.  The CVS tree is not the
place to carry out a flame war.

I also want to simplify things for the developers.  If we have
half a dozen projects with several dozen source repositories,
it will quickly become impossible to keep them all in sync.

Portable.NET currently has 4 repositories: pnet, pnetlib,
treecc, and cscctest.  It's not just one file for me - it's 4,
maybe more if we split other components out of pnet in
the future.

Referring people back to the Web site puts the information
in one place, and makes it easier to maintain.