[DotGNU]DotGNU Base Library

From: Peter Minten
Subject: [DotGNU]DotGNU Base Library
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 18:13:44 +0200

Hi,

pnetlib can't support some of the things we want in it (for example the use of
the << operator on streams like in C++) because of the fact that it has to be
compatible with ECMA and .NET. Because of this the pnet lead team has decided to
create a project in DotGNU-Libs to put extensions in that can't be put into
pnetlib.

The project is called DotGNU Base Library and is a part of the DotGNU-Libraries
(AKA DotGNU-Contrib). The project will be lead by me.

This is NOT a fork of pnetlib, DotGNU-Base will complement pnetlib and will not
compete with it.

DotGNU-Base will use the DotGNU-Libs CVS repository for development. The initial
code import will take place tomorrow or at least before next sunday.

FAQ:

Q: What stuff gets into DG-Base?
A: Stuff that isn't in the ECMA specifications or the .NET framework. Also the
stuff needs to belong in a base class library, for example a Matrix class fit's
into DG-Base, but a class for probability mathematics doesn't (such a class
belongs in a separate math library). If in doubt ask the admin.

Q: What's the license?