Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU Base Library

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU Base Library
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 08:09:33 +1000

> Q: What code documentation system is used?
> A: Plain old comments, I believe that comments need to be readable for a
> programmer, not for a machine (so no XML). At some point in time these
> comments
> will then be turned into documentation manually. But to do this it's important
> to have everything well commented.

I'd suggest using csdoc from day 1.  It is a pain
to retrofit in later, but not that much of a hassle
to do from the start.  The reason why pnetlib didn't
use it was (a) laziness on my part, and (b) there
was no point duplicating the ECMA spec.

> Q: What build system is used?
> A: A little shell magic called compile.sh (basically something like 'find |
> xargs cscc')

Please use csant for this.  I can set up the necessary
automake/autoconf magic to drive the proces if you like.
Like csdoc, it is trivial once initially set up.