[DotGNU]Poster/Slogan Project Information

From: Ian Fung
Subject: [DotGNU]Poster/Slogan Project Information
Date: 29 Jul 2002 21:29:58 -0500

greetings dotGNU developers!

i'm here to kick off the dotGNU poster/slogan project. the aim of this
project is to raise awareness in certain communities (colleges,
workplace, etc) and get dotGNU some good pr. there will be a page on the
dotGNU website providing the details of this project, but here's the
overview.

we are looking for two types of posters.

1) recruitment poster
2) promotional poster

the first should be an informative design that attracts passersby and
provides them with information about how to join the fun. this design
should be simple, clean, and mass-producible. the size should be able
1.5' wide by 2' long, i mean the actual grafic you produce doesn't have
to be that size, but of that ratio.

the second should be a high quality aesthetically pleasing poster that
people will be willing to pay money for. it will not be put up on
bulletin boards but rather for promotional purposes. they dont have to
be imformative, just neat to own. an idea would be simply a big white
poster with the dotGNU logo as depicted on the website. and maybe our
slogan on the bottom.

Slogan?!? We have a slogan?!?

another part of this project is the slogan contest. we will also be
taking entries for the official dotGNU slogan. they didn't like my idea
of "bling bling", go figure. =)

nb will post the url of the site when its up.

thanks for listening,

-alias