Re: [DotGNU]To run ./hello.exe

From: Chris Smith
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]To run ./hello.exe
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 11:52:32 +0100

On Thursday 10 October 2002 01:41, Rhys Weatherley wrote:

> libILEngine.a already provides the bulk of the engine in a linkable
> form.  It would certainly be possible to move "main" into the library
> as "ILMain" or somesuch,

Yeah - just thought this would avoid duplication of initialisation code.

> but usually it is better for the embedding
> application to control things a little better.

Absolutely.

> Right now, the build tree doesn't make shared objects for the
> libraries.  A little bit of autoconf/automake magic is all that
> should be required if some enterprising soul wants to play
> with that.

Suddeny I find myself volunteering for this, seeing as I need it :o)

Chris Smith
  Technical Architect - netFluid Technology Ltd.
  "Internet Technologies, Distributed Systems and Tuxedo Consultancy"
  E: address@hidden  W: http://www.nfluid.co.uk