Re: [DotGNU]Reminder - Weekly DotGNU Meeting

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Reminder - Weekly DotGNU Meeting
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 11:08:50 -0700 (PDT)

>*) Treecc , JITs and gcc
>         I'll reveal this when I come along at the meeting ... If you >can't
>         guess, you're unaware of or underestimating the abilities of >
treecc.

Ahww Go on!
I aggree with you, we should use the tree in the gcc.
generate native treecc structures that are 100% the same as the gcc
trees, and then add in abilities into treecc to do tree
transformations.
So you go :

GCC ---> GCC Style TreeCC --> CSCC Style TreeCC --> IL generate.

I say,
Here is an example of my new java dumping into xml of the gcc.
I now support java, c++ and c.

here is the mail to the introspector mailling list :
---------------------------------------
Here are some results of the XML dumping of Java code.
I have only uploaded
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/javaxml.zip

In this zip you will find the following files :
test.java           -- The hello world java program
test.java.class     -- The dump of the class information
test.java.original  -- The dump of the memory
test.java.original2 -- The dump of the memory again, I think there is
somthing going on here... I dont know the real difference yet.

class.xsd          -- An updated Xml Schema
Thanks to xmlspy for some help. :)

This was produced on a cygwin build of java with the introspector patch
applied. There are some issues with tree_vec objects, they had to be
manually edited, and the "<>" need to be translated over to &lt;, I
have some code for that at home.

The importance of this is that we can dump C, C++, objective C and Java
code with these patches. This is the patched ast-optimizer branch.

I hope you find it interesting.

I am building the new version at home on linux, and will be posting all
that to the server this weekend.

If anyone is interested in testing this, I would appreciate.
mike

=====
James Michael DuPont
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/