Re: [DotGNU]dir.c

From: Jonathan P Springer
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]dir.c
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 13:38:49 -0400

On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 08:41:44PM +1000, Rhys Weatherley wrote:
> Gopal V wrote:
>
> > >       /* I'm confused as to why the linebreak here and with this much
> > > tabbing.
> > >      Is there a specific colum we don't want to pass?  */
> >
> > column 80, which is the limit for my command line editor (--no editor wars
> > please --) ... Which I assume is the same for Rhys as well ...
>
> Please wrap code so that it fits on an 80 column screen when tabs
> are set at 4.  It makes the code neater, and doesn't get chopped
> off when printed on some printers.

Ah.  Yet another reason why my contributions so often get reformatted :-).
Perhaps an item in the HACKING file on being nice to those w/ 80-column
screens and printers would save some angst?

Cheers,
-js

--
-Jonathan P Springer <address@hidden>
"A standard is an arbitrary solution to a recurring problem." - Joe Hazen