Re: [DotGNU]Bison 1.75 and cscctest (THIS time with attachment)

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Bison 1.75 and cscctest (THIS time with attachment)
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 08:54:32 +1000

Jonathan P Springer wrote:

> Attached is a patch to 'cc_main.c' that gets cscctest to run cleanly
> against cscc compiled under bison 1.75.  I'd be appreciative if someone
> with an old (pre-1.5) bison could apply it and determine whether it
> breaks cscctest in that situation.  (Rhys? Gopal?)  Please e-mail me
> direct with results.

I had to change a couple of the "posn += 2"'s back to "++posn"
(there is a "++posn" at the end of the loop so it is only necessary
to increment by N-1).  With that change, it still works on my version
of bison.  Please check it out on yours.

I really wish Bison had a better error reporting system than
"sprintf unparsable English junk into a buffer and call yyerror". :-(