Re: [DotGNU]pnetlib build

From: Stephen Compall
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]pnetlib build
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 17:07:10 -0500

Charles Shuller wrote:
I've added a webpage, and am now rolling things up into a .tar.bz2. Someone who is mirroring mentioned that he was doing so and I just thought that was a great idea :)

Thank poor Gopal on his by-the-minute dialup ;)

Oh, as far as mirroring goes. Unless development on pnetlib radically increases, I think you can safely slow down to once every two hours or so. I very much appreciate it though.

If you are worried about bandwidth, it uses the --timestamping option to wget. Plus I changed the script to use the new .tar.bz2, so that should help :)

On my side, there really isn't much resource usage on csserver. Other than what I do, which is a great deal of compiling mostly, the major CPU usages come from vim instances, which for some reason seem to spiral out of control after several hours, and a single instance will eat all the CPU. My little 3-second cron job won't hurt anybody ;)

The url is http://www.hermes-solutions.biz/pnetlib.html, and the url for the tar.bz2 is http://www.hermes-solutions.biz/pnet_libs.tar.bz2 I would appreciate everyone just grabbing the bz2 unless they have cause to grab the individual files. The bz2 is MUCH smaller.

Changed my script to match.

--
Stephen Compall
Also known as S11001001

"Control over the use of one's ideas" really constitutes control over
other people's lives; and it is usually used to make their lives more
difficult.
        -- RMS, "GNU Manifesto"