[DotGNU]Why I'm holding back (Was: Meetathon this weekend )

From: Gopal V
Subject: [DotGNU]Why I'm holding back (Was: Meetathon this weekend )
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 11:15:27 +0530

If memory serves me right, Peter Minten wrote:
> The meetathon starts at 10 UTC Saturday (25 oct) and ends at 22 UTC Sunday
> (26 oct). The meetathon is divided into 9 sessions. Each session takes
> about 4 hours (max,usually around 2 hours). The first session happens to
> fall into the same time as the pnet meeting, if that becomes a problem the
> meetathon discussion could move into another channel but we'll see if
> that's needed at meeting time.

I have no problems about keeping the IRC room open for the whole 36 hours
for all sorts of discussions .... But the "Meet-a-thon" I envisage should
be backed up quite a bit of announcements in various news sites as well as
prepared by a couple of releases and hits on the front pages of freshmeat.

Also I'm really waiting for the demonstration AUTH system , as well as
a tip of the iceberg of the xmlgroupware idea.. I've been convinced that
with the right modifications pnetlib will fully compile on CSCC ... So
it's a milestone in that direction ... Last but not least , I'm waiting
for a solid HelloWorld from PMCodeGen to push that point home ..

> The subjects of the meetathon are mainly:
>
> * Organization of DotGNU (working out the WG structure, finding WG leaders)
> * Course of DotGNU (where are we going?)
> * Architecture (discussing the new grand DGEE design)
> * Authorization (the DotGNU Virtual Identity systems)
> * Foundation code stuff (pnet, pnet, pnet, and perhaps projects like dg-libs)

IMHO these are not issues to discuss with the public (== slashdot readers
and like) .. These are issues we have to figure out before the REAL
meet-a-thon... We're doing it to build a community , not just to
*talk* , these subjects are too advanced to let a newcomer fit in ....

So let's have a truce about this .... this is the Full Weekend "Design
Working Group" Meeting .... But everyone is welcome to come here and
put his ideas into the think tank for processing ...

Gopal