Re: [DotGNU]System.IO.StreamReader lists field Null twice

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]System.IO.StreamReader lists field Null twice
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 13:42:07 +0530

If memory serves me right, Thomas Lozza wrote:
> (1) Reading the fields via reflection from the StreamReader class, the
> field Null is listed twice. probabely because StreamReader implements
> the abstract type System.IO.TextReader which has also a field Null
> defined. why is that field in TextReader not shadowed??

Hmm... Null is a static field in TextReader and StreamReader . The first
should not be shadowed in this way.

Btw, why would static fields need serialization ? . I think instance
fields are the only ones that would need to be serialized.

> (2) The attached code fragment does not compile with cscc (problems with
>    namespace reflection... ) .. but the executable (compiled under
> windows) runs.. why that?

Hmm... what code fragment ? :-) ... forgotten attachment ?

Gopal